While working on the GetSocial Twitter Pro module I had to add settings in the admin area that were stored in the database. The problem was that I didn’t know where the settings were getting stored. The module that I was modeling my section after in the first iteration was the EmailMan module which stored most of its data in the emailman table.
I new that the global email settings were not stored in the emailman table based on the data that I entered and what I viewed in the table at the time. I also knew that I could have started debugging but it would have taken a while to comb through all the lines of code or to even pick a good breakpoint. Instead, again, WapSnap came to my rescue. I did a snapshot, changed the email settings, did a snapshot and then compared.
This immediately showed that the only thing that changed in my SugarCRM instance was the config table in the database. I opened up phpMyAdmin, looked at the config table and found where many of the global settings were stored.
- No public Twitter messages.