For the second CRM Atlanta Meetup of the year I decided to present Real World Social CRM Use Cases. I wanted to get down to the grit and present scenarios on how social networks could be leveraged and integrated into an existing CRM to make it more social. In marketing CRM Atlanta we attracted a contact at a Social CRM vendor. This person contacted me to find out more about my topic and exactly what level of Social CRM would be discussed.
The fairly short phone discussion that we had gave me good insight into the battle lines that were already being drawn in the Social CRM space. It was clear that the Social CRM that I would be speaking about and the Social CRM that the vendors offers were very different. Neither version is wrong in implementation or approach. They are just fundamentally different.
So what did I take away from this?
- I decided that I should preface my slides a little more than usual for an emerging technology.
- It helped me identify a solution and marketing angle that I really hadn’t thought of before.
- I made a new contact and discovered new Social CRM technology that can provide proven ROI for customers looking for Social CRM solutions.
- This engagement gave me good insight into the various approaches to Social CRM and made me wonder just how many more I am going to see over the next few years.
- No public Twitter messages.